CIW Professional certified BBA with extensive experience and an eclectic skill set, focused on the design, development and marketing of interactive applications based in web technologies. Hundreds of projects completed using a wide variety of softwares for clients of all sizes and from all industries. Specialties include database/application architecture, content management systems, UI / UX engineering, server/client-side scripting, product development, search engine optimization, graphic design, social marketing, affiliate marketing, traffic analysis, brand strategy, hosting administration, strategic consulting, search engine marketing and multimedia production. Accolades including 2006 ADDY, 2010 WebAward and 2010 W3 Award wins.
Val Erb, Services at Large [Bennington, VT]
July 2010 – Present
- Leading front-end design and development of an online record collectors’ price guide with advanced search capabilities and a performance-oriented, AJAX-driven architecture.
- Producing new websites and microsites and updating, enhancing and supporting existing websites including: ColdFusion-powered SuchAVoice.com, StartWhereYouAreVtPro.org, EnjoyBurlington.com, GoVKAT.org, QualityKelly.com and slgLawFirm.com; PHP-based pcConstruction.com; a wide array of PHP/WordPress-based sites and blogs; PHP/Drupal-based OVX.org; ASP/C#-driven NewBulbInTown.com; PHP/Flash-driven StartWhereYouAreVT.org and 8outOf10.com; and others including KSVC.com.
- Producing HTML-format distribution email newsletter templates for clients including Okemo Mountain Resort, Smugglers’ Notch, The Vermont Student Assistance Corporation, BlueCross/BlueShield of Vermont, National Grid and the Vermont Department of Health.
- Managing social media campaigns for venues including Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Consulting in areas including website strategy, database/information architecture, hosting, application programming, creative direction, social media, traffic analytics, search engine marketing, asset optimization, vendor management and search engine optimization.
- Led development of a task and time management software product complete with a CalDAV interface and an innovative, customizable scheduling algorithm component.
- Provided theme design and development, support, documentation, administration and consulting services to Champlain College for its PHP/WordPress-based Blog Network.
- Developed new Facebook contest applications including Acorn Footwear’s “Love From Acorn”, The House of Shandy’s “Ode to the ’Stache” and National Grid’s “Boiler Blast”, as well as other apps for organizations including EfficiencyVermont, National Grid, KSV, Green Mountain Power and The Vermont Department of Tourism & Marketing.
Executive Producer » Creative Director
W. Hardy Interactive, Inc. [Southern VT & Mill Valley, CA]
September 2005 – June 2010
- Led the team that completed over 120 projects for leading northeast advertising agency Kelliher Samets Volk (KSV), including development of VSAC’s StartWhereYouAreVtPro.org, the winner of a 2010 WebAward for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development and 2010 W3 Awards in the Structure & Navigation and Education categories.
- Completed projects for Sun Microsystems including: designing and developing interactive Flash-based demonstrations of the Sun Java Studio Creator 2 and NetBeans 5.5 integrated development environments (IDE’s); producing portlet content for the MySDN portal; and hosting resources including the Java Studio Enterprise collaboration service.
- Led the team that developed the AuthorFriendly website publishing platform, featuring systems for eCommerce, blogs, e-mail newsletters, reviews and more.
- Led management and enhancement of existing websites, plus email newsletter, pay-per-click & banner advertising, SEO and social media campaigns.
Director of Interactive Marketing
CAP Creative [Manchester, VT & Sarasota, FL]
September 2004 – August 2005
- Produced new interactive websites, including regional winners of 2006 ADDY Awards in the Flash-based business-to-business (B2B) and consumer website categories.
- Managed email newsletter, pay-per-click (PPC), rich media & banner advertising, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns.
- Designed, deployed and managed n-tier web/email/database server network.
- Implemented live and on-demand streaming of weekly radio programs.
- Supported staff and clients in a variety of software applications.
Val Erb, Services at Large [Manchester Center, VT]
June 2003 – September 2004
- Designed, developed, managed and supported new and existing websites.
- Managed pay-per-click advertising and search engine optimization campaigns.
- Provided hosting management, local area network (LAN) administration, computer repair, technical consulting and other services to businesses and individuals.
W. Hardy Interactive, Inc. [Manchester Center, VT]
September 2000 – June 2003
- Designed, developed and managed websites.
- Managed small staff of designers and programmers.
- Built, implemented and managed server network.
Manchester & the Mtns. Regional Chamber of Commerce [Manchester Center, VT]
December 1999 – August 2000
- Owned all accounting and data management functions.
- Managed member publications, including websites.
- Administrated the local area network & servers.
- Trained and supported staff in various softwares.
Bets Truck Leasing, Inc. [North Hoosick, NY]
May 1991 – December 1999
- Implemented and administrated a new LAN.
- Trained staff in a variety of softwares.
- Managed warehouse / inventory.
- Administrated various filings.
Bachelor’s of Science, Business Administration
The University of Rhode Island [Kingston, RI]
September 1995 – May 1999
- Graduated with distinction – 3.36 cumulative GPA.
- Completed core curriculum including management, computer science, MSI, statistics, law, finance, accounting, behavioral science, marketing and communications.
- Completed supplemental curriculum including drawing, sculpture, art history, music, theology, anthropology, history, theatre, physics, psychology and philosophy.
- Participated in the Experimental Arts and Art Film societies.
Mount Anthony Union High School [Bennington, VT]
September 1991 – May 1995
- Graduated with high honors – 3.78 cumulative GPA.
- Completed advanced placement courses including calculus, physics and English.
- Completed elective courses including computer science, drafting and graphic design.
- Participated in foreign exchange program with students from La Rochelle, France.