A Seasoned Webmaster With A Business Background
CIW Professional certified BBA with vast experience and an eclectic skill set, focused on the design and development of interactive applications based in web technologies. Hundreds of projects completed using a wide variety of softwares for clients of all sizes and from all industries. Specialties include graphic design, database / application architecture, content management systems, search engine optimization, UI / UX engineering, server/client-side scripting, social marketing, affiliate marketing, traffic analysis, brand strategy, hosting administration, project management, copywriting, search engine marketing and multimedia production. Accolades including 2006 ADDY, 2010 WebAward and 2010 W3 Award wins.
Val Erb, Services at Large [Bennington, VT]
July 2010 - Present
- Leading the design and development of a highly sophisticated and robust, patent-pending (and as yet private) online task and time managment software product.
- Producing new Facebook contest applications including Acorn Footwear’s “Love From Acorn”, The House of Shandy’s “Ode to the ’Stache” and National Grid’s “Boiler Blast”, as well as other apps for clients including EfficiencyVermont, National Grid, KSV, Green Mountain Power and The VT Department of Tourism & Marketing.
- Producing new websites and microsites including ColdFusion-powered VermontEpostcards.com, KSVC.com, QualityKelly.com and slgLawFirm.com.
- Updating, enhancing and supporting existing websites including: ColdFusion-powered StartWhereYouAreVtPro.org, EnjoyBurlington.com and GoVKAT.org; ASP/C#-based NewBulbInTown.com; PHP/Drupal-powered VTQuitNetwork.org, OVX.org/nikoteen and OVX.org; PHP/WordPress-based KSVC.com/blog, 5WordsAboutAdvertising.com, JeffreyHollender.com, TheHungryDog.com and MapleLeaf.org; PHP/Flash-powered StartWhereYouAreVT.org and 8outOf10.com; and static SchlesingerAssociates.com and InteractiveVideoProductions.com.
- Producing HTML-format distribution email newsletter templates for organizations including Smugglers’ Notch, The Vermont Student Assistance Corportation, BlueCross/BlueShield of Vermont, National Grid and the VT Department of Health.
- Managing social networking campaigns for venues including Facebook and Twitter.
- Consulting in areas including creative direction, social media, hosting, analytics, search engine marketing, asset optimization and search engine optimization.
Executive Producer » Creative Director
W. Hardy Interactive, Inc. [Southern VT & Mill Valley, CA]
September 2005 - June 2010
- Led the team that completed over 120 projects for leading northeast advertising agency Kelliher Samets Volk, including development of StartWhereYouAreVtPro.org, the winner of a 2010 WebAward for Outstanding Achievement in Web Development and 2010 W3 Awards in the Structure & Navigation and Education categories.
- Completed projects for Sun Microsystems including: development of interactive Flash-based demonstrations of the Sun Java Studio Creator 2 and NetBeans 5.5 integrated development environments (IDE's); production of portlets for the MySDN portal; and hosting including the Java Studio Enterprise collaboration service.
- Led the team that developed the AuthorFriendly website publishing platform, with systems for eCommerce, blogs, e-mail newsletters, reviews and more; currently powering several dozen websites, including HerosJourneyFoundation.org, QuillGordon.com, Garage45PriceGuide.com, CarlaKing.com, LisaAlpine.com, SelfPubBootCamp.com and BenningtonBakery.com.
- Led production of new websites including VermontCountryProperties.com, GoVermont.com, Maho.org and EstateConcordiaPreserveVillas.com.
- Led management and enhancement of existing websites, plus email newsletter, pay-per-click & banner advertising, SEO and social media campaigns.
Director of Interactive Marketing
CAP Creative [Manchester, VT & Sarasota, FL]
September 2004 - August 2005
- Produced new interactive websites, including regional winners of 2006 ADDY Awards in the Flash-based business-to-business (B2B) and consumer website categories.
- Managed email newsletter, pay-per-click, rich media & banner advertising, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns.
- Designed, deployed and managed n-tier web/email/database server network.
- Implemented live and on-demand streaming of weekly radio programs.
- Supported staff and clients in a variety of software applications.
Val Erb, Services at Large [Manchester Center, VT]
June 2003 - September 2004
- Designed, developed, managed and supported new and existing websites.
- Managed pay-per-click advertising and search engine optimization campaigns.
- Provided hosting management, local area network (LAN) administration, computer repair, technical consulting and other services to businesses and individuals.
W. Hardy Interactive, Inc. [Manchester Center, VT]
September 2000 - June 2003
- Designed, developed and managed websites.
- Managed small staff of designers and programmers.
- Built, implemented and managed server network.
Manchester & the Mtns. Regional Chamber of Commerce [Manchester Center, VT]
December 1999 - August 2000
- Owned all accounting and data management functions.
- Managed member publications, including websites.
- Administrated the local area network & servers.
- Trained and supported staff in various softwares.
Bets Truck Leasing, Inc. [North Hoosick, NY]
May 1991 - December 1999
- Designed, purchased, installed and administrated a new LAN.
- Trained staff in a variety of softwares.
- Managed warehouse / inventory.
- Administrated various filings.
Bachelor's of Science, Business Administration
The University of Rhode Island [Kingston, RI]
September 1995 - May 1999
- Graduated with distinction - 3.36 cumulative GPA.
- Completed core curriculum including management, finance, accounting, computer science, statistics, MSI, behavioral science, marketing, law and communications.
- Completed supplemental curriculum including drawing, sculpture, art history, music, theology, anthropology, history, theatre, physics, psychology and philosophy.
- Participated in the Experimental Arts and Art Film societies.
Mount Anthony Union High School [Bennington, VT]
September 1991 - May 1995
- Graduated with high honors - 3.78 cumulative GPA.
- Completed advanced placement courses including calculus, physics and English.
- Completed elective courses including computer science, drafting and graphic design.
- Participated in foreign exchange program with students from La Rochelle, France.
[ download as PDF ]